Award-winning folk duo to perform at Pakefield theatre
- Credit: Odette Mitchell
Award-winning folk song writers will take to the stage at a popular theatre next month.
The Seagull Theatre, in Pakefield, will welcome highly-acclaimed folk singer-songwriters Odette Mitchell and Amy Goddard for a joint set on Saturday, October 2.
Guitarist and bouzouki player Odette, whose debut album The Wildest Rose was released in 2019, was named Female Artist of the Year at the FATEA Awards and has opened shows for many artists, including Reg Meuross and Nancy Kerr.
With a voice likened to Sandy Denny and Joni Mitchell, singer-songwriter Amy Goddard won FATEA's Song of the Year award in 2016 for Down in the Mine and performs with a hand-crafted guitar that she built herself.
Her 2019 album Always a Dreamer was rated second in the critics' choice Album of the Year award in the County Music People magazine.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now for the show, which will begin at 8pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home