Music and thought provoking shows to be staged at theatre
- Credit: Archant
A new musical detailing the struggles behind the fight for the women's vote will be performed.
Yakety Yak Young Actors Company bring Suffragette! to the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield on Friday, September 28.
The show, at 7.30pm, is is a powerful celebration of some of the great women who gave hugely to the cause of women's suffrage - told in words and music. Tickets £10/£8.
On Saturday, September 29, at 7.30pm, the Seagull invites audiences to 'A Night at the Musicals' as the Tigerlilys present their brand new show for 2018. An evening of West End classics performed with glamour and high class talent, this will be a night to remember. Tickets £9/£8.
On Sunday, September 30, from 8pm, Andy Davis hosts the regular Karaoke session in the Foyer Bar. Always friendly and welcoming, always great music, always a fun family evening. Admission is free.
You may also want to watch:
Broad Horizons Theatre Company present 'Rebellious Sisterhood - Votes for Women', by Karen Forbes, on Friday, October 5 at 7.30pm. Join us for a rare glimpse at the private lives and the personal cost paid by the leaders of the Suffragettes. Tickets £10/£9.
On Saturday, October 6, at 7.30pm, the musical phenomenon that is Bruce Springsteen is powerfully presented by 'Bootleg Boss'. Supported by seasoned musicians, E Street Band, Bootleg authentically re-creates the landscape and timeless sound of Springsteen's New Jersey. Tickets £13/£10.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
A fascinating show on Monday, October 8, is presented at 8pm, as Milk showcases 'Bullish', a challenging journey in which ancient mythology is pitted against modern gender navigation. This performance will be both thought-provoking and hugely entertaining. Tickets £10/£9.
On Tuesday, October 9, a regular quiz night takes place amidst an atmosphere of serious competition, good humour and friendly banter. Entry £1 per person for teams of up to six.
Sheepish Productions' present 'Communicate', on Wednesday, October 10 at 7.30pm, as this show tells the true story of one couple's journey through bereavement, love, superheroes and more on Wednesday, October 10 at 7.30pm. Tickets £9/£8/£5 (student).
For further details of events at the Seagull Theatre call the box office on 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk