Music and thought provoking shows to be staged at theatre
- Credit: Archant
A new musical detailing the struggles behind the fight for the women's vote will be performed.
Yakety Yak Young Actors Company bring Suffragette! to the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield on Friday, September 28.
The show, at 7.30pm, is is a powerful celebration of some of the great women who gave hugely to the cause of women's suffrage - told in words and music. Tickets £10/£8.
On Saturday, September 29, at 7.30pm, the Seagull invites audiences to 'A Night at the Musicals' as the Tigerlilys present their brand new show for 2018. An evening of West End classics performed with glamour and high class talent, this will be a night to remember. Tickets £9/£8.
On Sunday, September 30, from 8pm, Andy Davis hosts the regular Karaoke session in the Foyer Bar. Always friendly and welcoming, always great music, always a fun family evening. Admission is free.
You may also want to watch:
Broad Horizons Theatre Company present 'Rebellious Sisterhood - Votes for Women', by Karen Forbes, on Friday, October 5 at 7.30pm. Join us for a rare glimpse at the private lives and the personal cost paid by the leaders of the Suffragettes. Tickets £10/£9.
On Saturday, October 6, at 7.30pm, the musical phenomenon that is Bruce Springsteen is powerfully presented by 'Bootleg Boss'. Supported by seasoned musicians, E Street Band, Bootleg authentically re-creates the landscape and timeless sound of Springsteen's New Jersey. Tickets £13/£10.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Students surprise care home residents as part of community project
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
A fascinating show on Monday, October 8, is presented at 8pm, as Milk showcases 'Bullish', a challenging journey in which ancient mythology is pitted against modern gender navigation. This performance will be both thought-provoking and hugely entertaining. Tickets £10/£9.
On Tuesday, October 9, a regular quiz night takes place amidst an atmosphere of serious competition, good humour and friendly banter. Entry £1 per person for teams of up to six.
Sheepish Productions' present 'Communicate', on Wednesday, October 10 at 7.30pm, as this show tells the true story of one couple's journey through bereavement, love, superheroes and more on Wednesday, October 10 at 7.30pm. Tickets £9/£8/£5 (student).
For further details of events at the Seagull Theatre call the box office on 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk