Busy programme of events at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A packed schedule of entertainment will hit the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield in the coming weeks.
Tonight (Friday, July 14) there is a second chance to see the Seagull Youth Scratch Night – as the group of teenagers have had a whole term learning with a mixture of tutors that has led to this opportunity to create their own show. With their new tutor Ashleigh now in place, please come and see them in their end of year production. Tickets £4/£2.
Tomorrow, Saturday, July 15, at 7.30pm The Seagull is delighted to present Jack Ollett and Friends. Jack Ollett, who hails from the local area, is an internationally recognised tenor and has performed extensively from New York to Dubai.
Now back in the UK, Jack is joined by friends to provide a wonderful evening's entertainment with music from the Rat Pack to opera. Tickets cost £10/£8.
On Sunday, July 16, at 7pm, Andy Davis hosts the ever popular Karaoke evening in the Foyer Bar. Admission free.
You may also want to watch:
Next Tuesday, July 18, at 7.30pm, the Seagull Club host a Summer quiz night. Admission £1 per person for teams of up to six.
On Friday, July 21, at 7pm, a fourth youth charity concert will be held in aid of The Seagull's 'Raise the Roof' Fund. With the fund now at more than two thirds of the £40,000 target, come and support some lively young talent and have some wholesome fun. Tickets £7 and £4 children.
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
On Saturday, July 22, at 7.30pm, Great Yarmouth Children's Theatre and the Great Yarmouth Players present 'My Favourite Musicals'. Tickets £8/£7.
On Wednesday, July 26, at 11am and again at 1pm, The Seagull welcomes 'Andy's Fun Hour' for children – there's juggling, magic, songs and balloons! On Thursday, July 27, at 2pm, Toy Story will be shown at the theatre. Tickets £3.
On Friday, July 28, at 7.30pm, local historian, Ivan Bunn, takes the audience back to March 14, 1643 for his illustrated talk 'Oliver Cromwell, Lowestoft and the Curfew Bell'. With characteristically thorough research and boundless enthusiasm, Mr Bunn recounts the mostly forgotten moment when Cromwell and 800 Roundheads entered Lowestoft in order to arrest a number of Royalist sympathisers. Tickets £5.
For ticket information call the box office on 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk