Panto producer trying to save Christmas by putting on special show
- Credit: Archant
A panto producer is putting on a socially distanced Covid-secure live Christmas show at Beccles Public Hall this December.
Ryan Holt, 26, decided to put on Inside the Snowglobe after a string of his 2021 shows including Snow White had to be postponed until Christmas 2021.
Over the past five years, Mr Holt has put on sell-out pantomime shows at Beccles Public Hall, so the Covid-secure show is expected to be no different and sell out quickly.
Inside the Snowglobe tells the story of a child transported into a magical world of the ornament they are holding.
Mr Holt said: “Christmas is all about making people happy and I know that for hundreds of local families our productions are an important part of their festive celebrations, so I have come up with a safe and Covid-secure production.
You may also want to watch:
“With the support of Beccles Public Hall and local business Sweeties, we will make sure that the show goes on.
“We have had a very uncertain and difficult year and my priority now is to bring a smile to people’s faces when they need it more than ever.”
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 8 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 9 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 10 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
Some seating will be removed from the auditorium to ensure social distancing is maintained and children will have the chance for a socially distanced meet and greet with Santa where they will receive gifts.
Charlotte Moore, Chair of the Beccles Business Association, said she was delighted that Inside the Snowglobe would be performed in place of the pantomime.
“I think with the hardships that 2020 has brought us, it’s wonderful to have a Covid-secure Christmas show come to our town to raise the spirits of all ages in our community. It’s the boost that everyone needs,” she said.
Capacity for each performance is limited, so early booking is advised. There will be up to three performances a day (10.30am, 2.30pm, 6pm) lasting for around 80 minutes, with no interval, from December 19-24.
Tickets at £12 are on sale now from the box office, open Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from 10am-1pm, or call 01502 770060 during those times.
Alternatively, visit www.becclespublichall.co.uk