High Street gallery set to showcase special exhibition
- Credit: Clare Johnson
An event to celebrate the work of Lowestoft artist Clare Johnson is set to be showcased on a historic high street.
The Art Gallery, at 102 High Street in Lowestoft, will showcase "the largest display of her work" as part of a special exhibition.
A spokesman for the gallery said it was "proud to present a one person exhibition by Clare Johnson."
The spokesman added: "Clare Johnson’s artwork may be found in the print collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and for two weeks it will be on view at the gallery on Lowestoft High Street.
"The gallery is the oldest in town and features contemporary artwork of an outstanding nature.
You may also want to watch:
"Revolving one person and specially themed shows ensure a continuing freshness."
A private viewing of the works will be held this Sunday, October 3 as part of the exhibition.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars