Boat firm set to launch spooky Halloween harbour tours
- Credit: John Kitching
A popular boating firm offering locals and tourists alike tours of Lowestoft from sea is set to launch some spooky harbour tours this Halloween.
Jet Adventures, launched in Lowestoft in May 2021 to offer boat trips around Lowestoft harbour, the coastline and up to Scroby Sands.
Now, a Halloween harbour tour will introduce people to the spooky goings on around Lake Lothing and Lowestoft Harbour.
Jack Grint, one of the crew working for Jet Adventures said: "This is a great chance for tourists and locals alike to discover some of the spooky tales around Lowestoft.
"We can't reveal too many details but it will be a spooky 50 minute ride.
"One of the most notable events is Black Saturday in October 1882, where many ships were lost because of a ferocious storm. Some say you can still hear those bells out at sea.
You may also want to watch:
"For the future our tours will be based on what local people want but we are planning some sunrise and sunset tours."
People can book tours for October 29 and October 31 via the website here.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year