Record number of visitors at this year's Mutford Scarecrow Trail
- Credit: Mick Howes
Record numbers of visitors attended this year's Mutford Scarecrow Trail, which showcased 54 scarecrows around the village.
1,000 visitors attended over the weekend to visit scarecrows ranging from everything from Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc, the ginger bread man from Shrek and even prime minister Boris Johnson.
Organiser and Chairman of Mutford Village Hall, Roy Hurrell, was pleased to be back and said: "People have been so starved of things to do and it was great to see record numbers and some fantastic scarecrows.
"Our winning scarecrow was the Gruffalo, which operated and flashed as you approached it.
"I think some people had a lot of time on their hands to perfect their scarecrows throughout lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
"We've raised £1,500 for the village fund which is much needed during these difficult times.
"It is our first event since 2018 and it is the right time to host it again as we come out of the pandemic.
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 4 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 5 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
"I just want to say that the village hall committee really pulled it all together this year and the full results can be seen in the village hall window."