Entertainment aplenty as Pakefield’s Seagull Theatre offers something for everyone
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Tonight (May 19) at 7.30pm The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield welcomes the return of Saskia Moore and her utterly enchanting performance of her own material and much-loved covers.
Frequently compared to Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell and Eva Cassidy for her extraordinary vocal tone, Saskia's original songs draw on the genres of Americana, roots and darker folk music. Tickets £10/£8.
Tomorrow, (May 20) at 7.30pm the Seagull will erupt to the sounds of 'The Jimi Hendrix Tribute'. Simply great music performed by great players of genuine pedigree - you really will not get closer to the original than this. Tickets £10.
On Tuesday May 23 at 7.30pm and hosted by the Seagull theatre Club, the latest and ever-popular quiz takes place. Teams of up to six people can enjoy a great night of friendly competition. Entry just £1 per person.
Next Friday, May 26 at 7.30pm the Seagull Theatre's neighbours, 'Top Cats', are staging a charity night to raise funds for a sensory rooms for Topcats young people and to help repair the Seagull's roof. The show will include up to 12 live talent acts who will be competing for a cash prize. Four judges will choose a winner and the young people who attend Topcats will put together a performance in the interval for your enjoyment. Tickets £8/£6
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday, May 27 at 2pm and again at 5pm Tiger Lilys present 'Once Upon A Fairy Tale'. This fast-paced, colourful show features loads of favourite princesses and other fairy tale characters. Tickets £6 (children)/£4 (adults).
On Wednesday 31 May at 2pm there will be a screening of the film 'Beauty and the Beast'. Condemned by a wicked enchantress to a life as a fearsome beast, a young prince encounters a spirited, headstrong village girl - who might just break the spell and set him free. Tickets £3.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre and to pick up a copy of the current brochure, please contact the box office on 01502 589726, or visit the website www.theseagull.co.uk.
- 1 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 2 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 5 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 6 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 7 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 8 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 9 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 10 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun