7 of the best pubs with beer gardens in Lowestoft and Beccles
- Credit: Mick Howes
Summer is the perfect time to grab a nice cold pint, a bite to eat and sit down with friends.
There is nowhere better to do this than in a beer garden.
Lowestoft and Beccles have some fantastic beer gardens and with temperatures set to hit 24C by the weekend, now is the perfect opportunity to go.
Here are some of the best:
1. The Commodore, Oulton Broad
The Commodore beer garden in Oulton Broad is a special one.
You may also want to watch:
No matter what season it is, the views over the broad are spectacular especially during an evening meal at sunset.
The pub boasts one of the biggest beer gardens in the area meaning there is plenty of space for groups of people.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 5 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 6 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 7 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 8 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 9 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Afterwards, Oulton Broad offers plenty of walks around the area and into Carlton Marshes.
2. The Locks Inn, Geldeston
There aren't many pubs where you can paddle your canoe or dock your boat right on the doorstep.
Even better, the beer garden is vast and in a quaint Norfolk location in the countryside.
The beer garden is perfect for families, pets and groups and is a great find if you want somewhere off the beaten track.
3. The Plough and Sail, Lowestoft
The Plough and Sail is right in the centre of town and close by to the coast as well.
The paved beer garden is a popular choice amongst people in the centre of town, with a great food and drinks menu to top it all off.
When you are next in town, make sure to check it out.
4. The Norman Warrior, Lowestoft
The Norman Warrior, located on Fir Lane towards the north of the town has great outdoor space behind the main pub.
The pub offers traditional pub grub as well as a great choice of drinks.
It opened its beer garden back up in April when restrictions were eased and has gone from strength to strength since.
5. The Royal Falcon, Lowestoft
The Royal Falcon sits at the top end of the high street and has a great terrace garden which overlooks the Lowestoft coast.
Much of the garden is under a roof so is the perfect place even if the heavens decide to open at the last minute.
The pub is well known for its great drinks deals and the friendly chat amongst locals and tourists alike.
6. The Ingate, Beccles
The Ingate in Beccles has a beer garden to the side of the pub which was recently expanded to accommodate more people due to Covid.
The pub shows lots of sport including football matches and tournaments on Sky and BT.
It is a great setting to settle down with friends and family and enjoy a drink or two or more.
7. Graze White Horse, Beccles
Graze White Horse is renowned for its fine ingredients and world cuisine.
The restaurant also has a spacious garden to the back which is great for those wanting to enjoy a nice meal in the great outdoors.
The restaurant offers an eclectic menu choice and drinks menu choice as well, including a great selection of cocktails.