Gig in the Park just days away
WITH Halesworth's Gig in the Park just a few days away work begins on the Town Park on Monday to convert it into a festival venue.The music festival is being held over the weekend of August 7 to 9 and features one of the strongest line-ups yet in its history including Cockney legends Chas and Dave and Squeeze star Glenn Tilbrook.
WITH Halesworth's Gig in the Park just a few days away work begins on the Town Park on Monday to convert it into a festival venue.
The music festival is being held over the weekend of August 7 to 9 and features one of the strongest line-ups yet in its history including Cockney legends Chas and Dave and Squeeze star Glenn Tilbrook.
It takes nearly five days for the volunteer crew to erect the security fence round the site and prepare the main stages and the ever- popular Jungle tent for the festival opening on Friday evening.
Organised by a committee who work on the event all year Gig in the Park is a community event and profits are invested into local projects including providing support for the Christmas lights in Halesworth last year.
You may also want to watch:
The Jungle Stage has lined up two full days of musical talent after spending hours sifting through music demos. The stage has bands from within a 40-mile radius of Halesworth. The process this year has been made much tougher as the quality of the bands applying has been outstanding.
On Saturday the vibe will be rock, punk and ska. The headline act will be local boys The Fuzz. Sunday the style is more laid back with one or two rockier bands.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 6 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
Headlining are fun party band Funk Soul Brothers and Andy Graham, one of the gig's organisers, said: 'The Jungle Stage will look amazing and the bands are great so please come and give us a look.'
Advance tickets are still available from various outlets but are selling fast. See the festival website www.giginthepark.co.uk for details of your nearest outlet and latest information.