Hard hitting play to be performed
- Credit: Archant
A new play from BAFTA nominated writer John Hales will be performed at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield next week.
Exploring the cultural and societal impacts of extremism following the 7/7 London attacks, the production company 14/7 is able to bring this hard hitting performance to the venue for two nights – thanks to a grant from Arts Council England.
It will be performed next Thursday and Friday, February 1/2, with tickets free but limited, which are available from the Seagull Theatre box office on 01502 589726. Doors will open at 7pm with the performance starting at 7.30pm. The play deals with some dark themes following the 7/7 bombings and includes material which makes it only suitable for audience aged 15 and above. Each performance is followed by a Q&A session.
For more information visit www.theresponseplay.co.uk or email email@example.com
In a busy week at the Seagull Theatre, the entertainment starts on Saturday, January 27, at 7.30pm, as local magician Joshua Pickering returns from his travels on the high seas.
After spending six months with Princess Cruise Lines he is now bringing his show to the venue. Joined by old friends and favourites for a one night only performance of variety. Music, magic and madness is guaranteed, with tickets costing £5 and children £2.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, January 28, at 7.30pm, the Seagull hosts 'New Words: Fresh Voices'.
This is the venue's bi-monthly performance platform for local poets and songwriters. Described as 'a place of truth-telling which is the basis of all good poetry', contributors explore what is good, bad and fascinating about being human – all told with refreshing honesty and good humour.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
If you would like to take part in this event, please contact Ian Fosten on 07791 068080 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets cost £4.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre call the box office on 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk Call in the venue to pick up a copy of the new January to April 2018 brochure.