Humorous homage to one of Britain’s best loved comedians at The Seagull Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A laugh-a-minute extravaganza for comedy fans of all ages is set to entertain audiences at The Seagull Theatre this month.
Direct from sell-out successes at Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Just Like That! is a humorous homage to one of the best-loved comedians of all time- Tommy Cooper.
Written by and starring John Hewer, the show boasts the support of Tommy's daughter, Vicky Cooper, who said: 'It's an incredible honour that my father is being remembered 30 years on through the spirit of this wonderful production. If Tommy were floating around here today he would have loved the fact that he was still bringing laughter into people's lives.'
Commemorating over 30 years since his passing, this all-encapsulating show of magic, music and mirth is the perfect celebration of Britain's top comedian and features all of Tommy's classic gags combined with lesser-known gems lovingly selected from his joke archive and extensive magic routines.
John Hewer added: 'People can expect two hours of solid family entertainment - music, magic and, of course, plenty of Tommy's signature buffoonery. For hardcore Cooper fans and lovers of comedy alike, the show is a must as we delve into his vast catalogue of material and come up with some hidden gems as well as his sure-fire hits. Tommy was a comic genius, a true icon of the 20th century, and it's an honour to be bringing his timeless sense of mischief to old and new audiences.'
The performance takes place on November 17 at The Seagull Theatre from 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £12 for adults and £10 for concession.
- 1 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 2 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 3 Armed police arrest man seen 'shooting gulls' with air rifle
- 4 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 7 New archway could be unveiled as popular park celebrates centenary
- 8 Trawlerboys planning to bounce back as club seeks to recruit fresh face
- 9 'A unique opportunity' - Secrets of historic Post Office revamp revealed
- 10 Cyclist in critical but stable condition in hospital after incident
To book call 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk.