International Workers Day to be celebrated at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Nick Butcher
International Workers Day is to be celebrated at The Seagull Theatre this weekend as part of the Waveney Mayday Festival.
On Sunday (April 30) from 2pm until 7pm a free Mayday Festival is being held to celebrate International Workers Day.
Labour's Euro MEP for East of England, Alex Mayer, will officially open the event at 2.30pm.
This will be followed by illustrated talks of wartime incidents in Lowestoft, presented by Chris Brooks and Bob Collis of Suffolk Pensioners Association, as well as Elizabeth Hodgkin discussing the current situation in Gaza, at 4.30pm, accompanied by a film presentation.
From 5.30pm there will be a festival revue provided by local poets, songwriters and others.
You may also want to watch:
While later in the day, at 7pm, local musicians, The John Ward Band, will team up with performance poet Luke Wright for a hard-hitting show which includes Luke's recent work The Toll which will hit the stage at 8.30pm.
Tickets for this concert are £5.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 3 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Ambassador School status joy for 'fantastic' primary
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Photo captures summer solstice sunrise at most easterly point
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
All collections on the day will go towards The Seagull Theatre's Raise the Roof campaign.
RELATED STORY: Entertainment aplenty at The Seagull Theatre