Lowestoft firefighters serenade shoppers with carols and festive cheer
- Credit: Mick Howes
An early Christmas tradition warmed the hearts of shoppers in Lowestoft as firefighters got into the festive spirit.
A range of seasonal songs and Christmas carols echoed out around Lowestoft town centre on Saturday, December 11, as the firefighters from Lowestoft South and Lowestoft North fire stations combined for the annual Christmas sing-along.
Temp watch manager for North Lowestoft Fire Station Ben Whale said: "We've been singing like this every year for over 25 years.
"The firefighters come in, on or off duty for the popular annual festive treat."
As well as keeping everyone entertained with their singing the event raised money for the Fire Fighters Charity.
“We thank everyone for their generosity and support for the Firefighters charity carol singing.
"The money raised will go to assist firefighters and their families in times of need, also towards therapy, rehabilitation, recuperation and to assist with grants for mobility equipment.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 3 'Exciting new chapter' at former hospital site for Danny's charity
- 4 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 5 Woman, 19, arrested as hunt for biker continues after serious crash
- 6 Lowestoft to receive millions of pounds of investment
- 7 Lowestoft man shooting for the stars with new NASA role
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen as garage targeted at home in Lowestoft
- 9 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 10 'Little miracle' baby white rhino introduced into zoo's main enclosure
"Although we may not have the best voices, we just want to spread a bit of Christmas cheer and we want everyone to have a very merry Christmas, but also a very safe Christmas as well."