Lowestoft Players celebrate record-breaking panto
LOWESTOFT Players are celebrating after enjoying a record-breaking panto run.
The group managed to sell 4,784 tickets for their nine-show run of Robin Hood Prince of Sherwood – a January record for them.
Stephen Wilson, who played Dame Balls and Friar Tuck, said: 'This is a massive achievement for the society.
'When we moved to the January slot we were worried that our audiences would drop; but instead they have grown over the last three years, proving that people still love to come and watch our home-grown pantomime. We are very grateful for the support we received from the public.'
The Players are now planning for their next production, the musical Annie Get Your Gun, which will run from June 7-11 at the Marina Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in being involved, be it on stage, with props, or making costumes, is invited to attend an information night at The Bethel, in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft, on Tuesday (7.30pm).
Singing rehearsals will take place on Wednesday and Thursday from 7.30pm, with the adult company auditions from 10am on Sunday, February 13.
- 1 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
There is a children's audition workshop on Saturday, February 12, from 10am.
For audition packs, to book an audition, or for further information call Stephanie Garrod on 01502 562825.