Make vroom for Scalextric racers in Lowestoft
THE illness of one of the cast members has forced the cancellation of the play, Lockerbie: Unfinished Business, this evening at the Seagull Theatre, Pakefield.
But a range of other events is planned for the days ahead. Tomorrow, the theatre welcomes the return of Tommy Winn for an evening of American musical greats.
Tommy will take the audience on a journey from early rock 'n' roll through to country classics by Johnny Cash and Kenny Rogers. Tickets are �6 and �5, and the show starts at 7.30pm.
On Sunday, there are two very different attractions.
Between 1-5pm it's Seagull Scalextric Sunday, when a
You may also want to watch:
practice track and full race track will be set up as budding racing drivers go wheel-to-wheel in a knockout competition.
Entry is �1, plus a further �1 to compete.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 2 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 7 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
By 7.30pm, the track will be moved out of the way ready for a celebration of African culture.
There will be themed performance art, live music and food.
Tickets are �8 and �6.50, and all proceeds go to MwanzoMwema, an organisation that helps young people with disabilities in east Africa to build independent lives.
For more Seagull Theatre information or to book tickets, call 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk