The songs of Dudley Moore, Hoagy Carmichael and Mose Allison to be brought to life at jazz club
- Credit: Archant
The New Year will start in style as a jazz club showcases the songs of Dudley, Hoagy and Mose.
The 2019 programme of concerts at Milestones Jazz Club in Lowestoft – the club's 23rd year – starts on Sunday, January 6 with a tribute to some of the most neglected jazz songwriters and the stories behind them – as The Chris Ingham Trio plays and sings Dudley, Hoagy, Mose and friends.
The concert will showcase a selection from pianist/singer Chris Ingham's acclaimed repertoire projects, featuring the undervalued jazz work of Dudley Moore, the timeless standards of Hoagy Carmichael and the witty late great blues pianist-composer Mose Allison.
The band's full line-up features Chris Ingham (vocals/piano), Owen Morgan (double bass) and George Double (drums).
All Milestones gigs are held on the first Sunday of every month and take place at the Hotel Hatfield in Lowestoft with the doors opening at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £9/£5 (U25).
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 10 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers