Master guitarist Paul Hill to return to popular jazz club
- Credit: Archant
The next concert at Milestones Jazz Club in Lowestoft features a return visit for the master guitarist leading his own band - The Paul Hill Trio.
One of the region's finest guitarists, Paul Hill, will perform at the latest club concert on Sunday, February 3.
His fleet-footed, punchy playing confirms the influence of jazz guitar greats like Wes Montgomery, Barney Kessel, Joe Pass and John Scofield.
Here he leads a trio featuring some of the region's most respected players through an imaginative selection of both American Songbook classics and modern jazz standards by players like Chick Corea and Pat Metheny that showcase Paul's warm tone, inventive lines and advanced sense of harmony.
The band's full line-up features Paul Hill (guitar), Andy Doyle (bass) and Rob Masters (drums).
You may also want to watch:
All Milestones gigs are held on the first Sunday of every month at Hotel Hatfield in Lowestoft with the doors opening at 8pm.
Admission is £9 / £5 (U25).
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son