Moscow City Ballet company set to hit Lowestoft
THE long-awaited return to Lowestoft of one of the world's top ballet companies begins on Sunday as the Moscow City Ballet stop off on the east coast as part of a major national tour.
The company are presenting The Nutcracker at the Marina Theatre on Sunday and Monday nightly at 7.30pm.
Tchaikovsky's rousing score, sumptuous sets and glorious costumes make for an unforgettable production featuring favourite characters such as the Mouse King, Nutcracker Prince and the doll as they bring to life Drosselmyer's strange and magical world.
The set pieces in the World of Flowers allow all the soloists to show off their unsurpassable talents making this a pure visual feast for every audience.
On Tuesday at 2.30pm and 7.30pm a change of repertoire brings a sensational production of Swan Lake. Set to Tchaikovsky's sublime score, coupled with the romance and tragedy of the story, Swan Lake is set to present the perfect backdrop for the artistry, grace and precision for which the company is justly renowned.
You may also want to watch:
The original choreography of Petipa, Ivanov, Vaganova, Grigorovich and Ryzhenko, takes the breathtaking power of the dancers to its furthermost limits. Both productions are produced by the company's artistic director, Victor Smirnov-Golovanov, and will be accompanied by the Moscow City Ballet Orchestra.
l Tickets for the Moscow City Ballet can be purchased by calling the Marina box office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death