Marina summer school production set to be staged
- Credit: Fourth Wall Photography
A new play inspired by the life of Amelia Earhart is set to be staged at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft this month.
The pilot vanished as she tried to circumnavigate the globe some 85 years ago and was never found.
This month the Marina Summer School company explore her incredible life, legacy and the other women she inspired, to create a brand-new piece of theatre.
Amelia – a Marina Summer School Production with friends will take to the skies at the theatre stage on Saturday, August 13 at 6pm.
The Marina Theatre summer school has seen a group of young people aged 13-21 write, stage and perform a brand-new play in just one week.
This year marks 85 years since Earhart disappeared during her infamous attempt to become the first woman to fly around the world. Amelia was never found.
George Boundy, the marketing and communications manager at the Marina Theatre, said: "We would love for as many people as possible to come and support the show.”
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 4 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 5 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 6 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 7 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 8 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 9 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 10 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
Amelia will hit the Marina Theatre stage on Saturday, August 13 at 6pm.
Tickets can be purchased via the theatre's website online or via the Box Office in person or on 01502 533200.