Packed programme of entertainment at the Seagull Theatre this January
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A number of eagerly anticipated live shows and performances will hit the Seagull Theatre stage this month.
Tomorrow (Saturday) from 7.30pm A Terrible Case of Sherlock Holmes will be performed at the Seagull Theatre.
Sherlock Holmes is renowned as the world's greatest consulting detective; known through the stories of Doctor John Watson to be cool, analytical and a master of subtle disguise- but the truth is somewhat different.
Tickets cost £8/7.
While on Sunday (January 8) Andy Davis hosts another family fun evening of Karaoke, featuring your most loved songs, so grab some friends and come on down.
You may also want to watch:
The bar will be open for the people who may need a small amount of Dutch courage.
Start time is 7pm and it is free to watch and participate.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
On January 14, Simon Evans and David Aula present The Vanishing Man.
Hugo Cedar was an Edwardian magician known as The Vanishing Man he created the perfect trick and then disappeared forever, but his story lives on.
Directors and performers Simon Evans and Donmar Warehouse, team up to create a time-hopping, misdirection-abusing, mind-bending examination of what really happens when a man, in full sight of his audience, simply ceases to be.
This is the story of a magic trick: the greatest one ever performed.
Start time is 7.30pm.
Tickets are £10
On January 15 New Words, Fresh Voices returns to the Seagull Theatre. New Words, Fresh Voices is a bi-monthly performance platform for local poets and songwriters. Described as 'a place of truth-telling which is the basis of all good poetry', contributors explore what is good, bad and fascinating about being human with refreshing honesty and good humour.
If you would like to take part in this event, please contact Ian Fosten 07791 068080 or email@example.com.
Start time is 7.30pm and tickets cost £4.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre please contact the box office on 01502 589726.
Or visit the website www.theseagull.co.uk.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre please contact the box office on 01502 589726, or visit the website www.theseagull.co.uk.