Popular company returns to the Seagull Theatre
THE Seagull Theatre at Pakefield welcomes back the ever popular Eastern Angles theatre company tonight and tomorrow at 7.30pm with the play Up Out O' the Sea.
Set in a small town on the Suffolk coast this is a poignant story of how a past tragedy sends ripples far into the future. Blending laughter and tears this excellent play shows how lives can easily capsize when family secrets are dredged to the surface. Tickets �8.95/�7.95.
If you are tired of listening to 'soundalikes' then original and sparkling close harmony quartet Barbershopera, latterly of BBC Radio 4, London's West End and Edinburgh Fringe, could be the antidote. Performing on Sunday at 7.30pm they bring to the Seagull clever lyrics, great humour and a lot of fun by way of the end of the world show, Apocalypse No! Tickets �8/�7.
On Tuesday at 7.30pm the notorious French double act, Sig and Serv, hack their distinctive path through a number of fairy stories. For a very different, very funny, and definitely memorable night out this is a show not to be missed. Tickets �8/�6.
There is more comedy on Thursday, March 18, at 7.30pm when Upshoot Theatre Company present Ben Elton's play, Popcorn. Winner of two prestigious awards, this satirical comedy thriller is set in the Beverley Hills home of movie director Bruce Delamitri. Look out for fast action, top quality dialogue and quality humour from one of our best comedy writers. Tickets �8/�6.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12, at 7.30pm SM Production return to the Seagull with Dylan Thomas' classic play for voices Under Milk Wood. Set in the mythical yet universally recognisable town of LLareggub the voices of its eccentric inhabitants build engagingly a picture of small town life in all its joys and darkness. Tickets �8/�6.50.
For more details of these productions or to view the new March/April brochure contact the box office on 01502 589726 or visit the website; www.theseagull.co.uk
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 7 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 8 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 9 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 10 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic