Range of events at busy Seagull Theatre
LOCAL history enthusiast Michael Mills leads the Seagull Theatre's upcoming bill of events.The raconteur brings the second part of his history of Lowestoft's theatre and music venues to the Pakefield theatre's stage on Sunday.
LOCAL history enthusiast Michael Mills leads the Seagull Theatre's upcoming bill of events.
The raconteur brings the second part of his history of Lowestoft's theatre and music venues to the Pakefield theatre's stage on Sunday.
With a captivating blend of stories, projected images and impromptu performance, Michael brings to life well known stars of the stage as well as some neglected entertainment venues in the town.
The show will cover the period from the 1950's to the present day and promises a warm bath of nostalgia to anyone who remembers blue suede shoes, the smell of greasepaint, or Saturday nights in the back row. It starts at 7.30pm and tickets are �6.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight at 7.30pm the Seagull hosts Open Space Theatre Company's production of 84 Charing Cross Road.
Based on the novel by James Roose-Evans, this poignant drama with lots of songs and music is currently enjoying a healthy revival. The plot revolves around a transatlantic relationship between an up and coming New York writer and the staff, principally the manager, of a London bookshop during the two decades after world war two. Tickets are �8.50 and �6.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 3 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Ambassador School status joy for 'fantastic' primary
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Photo captures summer solstice sunrise at most easterly point
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
Next week the theatre hosts a series of events promoted by local churches under the heading A Passion for Life: and a message for eternity.
On Wednesday there is a Ladies Chocolate event at 3pm and 7.30pm; and on Thursday there is a quiz. To enter the quiz call 01502 500410. Next Friday at 7.30pm sees a classical concert including harpist Hannah Collings, while the Saturday sees a men's breakfast at 8.30am in the company of ex-Ipswich footballer Alan Hunter, and a youth concert for school years 9 to 13 at 7.30pm.
For more details or for tickets to any of these events call the box office on 01502 589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk