Range of shows to entertain all at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A busy couple of weeks are in store at a popular venue.
The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield will host a range of shows, starting on Saturday, November 4 at 7.30pm – as local aviation historian, Bob Collis, is welcomed back to the venue with his presentation, 'Failed to Return- - a tribute to the airmen who did not make it back to bases in this area during the Second World War.' Tickets cost £5.
Andy Davis will host the ever popular Karaoke night in the Seagull foyer bar on Sunday, from 7pm. Admission is free.
On Tuesday, November 7 at 7pm, the Seagull Club offers an Autumn quiz night. Equally big on serious intent and laughs, this is always a fun night. £1 per person and teams of up to six.
Next Thursday, November 9, at 7.30pm, Stephen and Paul Amer and friends present 'Songs of Remembrance' – a nostalgic and humorous commemoration of the music, singers and comedians who kept up morale on the home front during the Second World War. Tickets £12/£10.
You may also want to watch:
Next Friday, November 10, at 7.30pm, Townsend Productions present their latest thoughtful, challenging show 'We Are The Lions, Mr Manager!'
This is the remarkable story of Jayaben Desai, the inspirational leader of the 1976 to 1978 Grunwick Film Processing Factory Strike. She was recently amongst the women who have had the biggest impact on women's lives over the past 70 years as part of the Radio 4 Women's Hour Power List. A powerful, highly watchable play - not to be missed. Tickets £12/£10/£5.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 6 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 7 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 8 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 9 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 10 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
On November 11, at 7.30pm, the Seagull hosts 'One Way or Another', an energetic tribute to the music of Blondie, which features all the hits and more in an audio visual extravaganza. Tickets £12/£11.
On Sunday, November 12, at 7.30pm, the Seagull hosts its bi-monthly platform for poets and songwriters 'New Words: Fresh Voices'. If you would like to take part please contact Ian Fosten in advance on 0779 106 8080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets £4.
For details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre call the box office on 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk