Range of shows to entertain all at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A busy couple of weeks are in store at a popular venue.
The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield will host a range of shows, starting on Saturday, November 4 at 7.30pm – as local aviation historian, Bob Collis, is welcomed back to the venue with his presentation, 'Failed to Return- - a tribute to the airmen who did not make it back to bases in this area during the Second World War.' Tickets cost £5.
Andy Davis will host the ever popular Karaoke night in the Seagull foyer bar on Sunday, from 7pm. Admission is free.
On Tuesday, November 7 at 7pm, the Seagull Club offers an Autumn quiz night. Equally big on serious intent and laughs, this is always a fun night. £1 per person and teams of up to six.
Next Thursday, November 9, at 7.30pm, Stephen and Paul Amer and friends present 'Songs of Remembrance' – a nostalgic and humorous commemoration of the music, singers and comedians who kept up morale on the home front during the Second World War. Tickets £12/£10.
You may also want to watch:
Next Friday, November 10, at 7.30pm, Townsend Productions present their latest thoughtful, challenging show 'We Are The Lions, Mr Manager!'
This is the remarkable story of Jayaben Desai, the inspirational leader of the 1976 to 1978 Grunwick Film Processing Factory Strike. She was recently amongst the women who have had the biggest impact on women's lives over the past 70 years as part of the Radio 4 Women's Hour Power List. A powerful, highly watchable play - not to be missed. Tickets £12/£10/£5.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
On November 11, at 7.30pm, the Seagull hosts 'One Way or Another', an energetic tribute to the music of Blondie, which features all the hits and more in an audio visual extravaganza. Tickets £12/£11.
On Sunday, November 12, at 7.30pm, the Seagull hosts its bi-monthly platform for poets and songwriters 'New Words: Fresh Voices'. If you would like to take part please contact Ian Fosten in advance on 0779 106 8080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets £4.
For details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre call the box office on 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk