Real-life tales from the fishing community of Lowestoft to be used in new theatrical show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Organisers of a new theatrical show are calling on the fishing community of Waveney to offer their real life stories for inclusion in their production.
Suffolk theatre practitioner, Vanessa Earl, is partnering The Seagull Theatre to create the new theatre show called SALT.
Primarily, the story is about a woman who loses her fisherman-husband at sea but there will be local stories woven into the show too.
Vanessa Earl said: 'We are keen for members of the local fishing community to be part of the project, to help us make it as rich and local as possible.
'We would like to hear your stories and with your permission tell them or parts of them during the show. The show is as much about honouring your heritage as it is about good story-telling.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Earl explained SALT also aims to establish a shanty and sea songs group and would like to form this group from members of the fishing community past and present.
This singing group potentially will be part of the performance.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
She added: 'If you do not fancy singing but would be willing to meet me and share some of your stories and experiences that would be very welcome.
'If you fancy singing and sharing stories that would also be very welcome. If you are tempted but feel unsure, then please call me or email me and perhaps I can answer some questions or assure you in some way.'
For more information visit: www.facebook.com/saltseagull or email email@example.com.