Rogues Shanty Chorus to perform at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
An evening of music and stories with a nautical flavour will return to The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield later this year.
The Rogues Shanty Chorus will take to the stage once more by popular demand with their show 'Sea Shanties, Sails and Smugglers' Tales' on Friday, October 13
After a sellout of their performance of the show in April, the group will repeat the show which features songs that were sung off the Suffolk Coast, from the Middle Ages to the mid-20th Century as well as explore the function that the songs served.
The group, made up of singers, percussionists and local historians perform songs of the seafarers, which includes the fishing industry, the whaling trade and much more.
They also sing murder ballads and 6th century pirate arias, accompanied by historical local stories.
You may also want to watch:
The show starts at 7.30pm with all seats at £8. Tickets are available now from The Seagull Theatre box office on 01502 589726 or via www.theseagull.co.uk
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 3 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked