School showcases to be performed
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An exciting venture will kickstart a busy couple of weeks of entertainment.
On Saturday, June 30, with arrival at 7pm for a 7.15pm start, the Stuff of Dreams Theatre Company – in collaboration with the Seagull Theatre – will stage a production of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' in the grounds of East Point Academy in Lowestoft.
Tickets cost £8, £20 for four people or £5 for students.
From Monday, July 2, for two weeks, the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield hosts productions from local Primary schools with whom the venue has been working with.
Elm Tree Primary School's year six children present 'Whodunnit?' on Monday and Tuesday, July 2/3 at 7pm. This is a new play written especially for the school and is centred around the mystery of the missing school mascot. Tickets cost £5.
You may also want to watch:
Next Wednesday, July 4 and Thursday, July 5, at 7pm, Westwood Primary School's year six children proudly present the Roald Dahl combination – 'Charlie and James and the Great Glass Twit Factory'. Follow the exploits of grown up Veruca Salt as she meddles with the chocolate recipe and draws in other well known characters in the process. Tickets cost £5.
On Monday and Tuesday, July 9/10, at 7pm, St Mary's year six children proudly present a modern take on Homer's classic story 'The Odyssey'. Tickets £5.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 3 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 4 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 9 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
On Wednesday and Thursday, July 11/12, at 7pm, Pakefield Primary's year six children will present a re-write of 'Robin Hood.' Tickets cost £5.
On Friday, July 13, at 7.30pm, the Seagull Theatre is delighted to welcome back to the venue the world's first cycling theatre company with their current Shakespeare production, Romeo and Juliet - the HandleBards!
Travelling everywhere by bicycle this extraordinary company bring freshness, enormous energy, great skill and humour to this well-loved play. It will be a memorably worthwhile evening so don't miss out. Tickets £10/£8.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre please contact the box office on 01502 589726, or visit www.theseagull.co.uk Call in to the venue to pick up a copy of the new May to August 2018 brochure.