Theatre schedule features classic comedy and shanty storytelling
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A busy programme of events is planned at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield over the next couple of weeks.
From 3pm on Friday, April 6, the theatre presents shadow puppet show 'Susannah and the Sunflower'.
Following in the footsteps of Jack and the Beanstalk, Susannah will take the audience on a shadow adventure where nothing is real but your dreams.
The show is set to be a celebration of the magic of growing things and dreaming big. Tickets cost £3 for adults and £1 for children.
The following day, Saturday April 7, Chris North - 'The Victorian Conjuror' - presents his latest show, 'A Cavalcade of Wonders'.
You may also want to watch:
This new production, starting at 7.30pm, is set to capture the authentic atmosphere of Victorian entertainment in a family friendly evening of magic, comedy and intrigue. Ticket prices range from £5 (child) to £9.
On Wednesday, April 11, Hambledon Productions presents its recreation of the 60s and 70s classic comedy show, 'Steptoe and Son', from 7.30pm.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Audience members are invited to wallow in Harold's frustration, Albert's craftiness and the all-round comic drama as the father and son duo battle their way through life as the rag and bone men of Shepherd's Bush. Tickets cost either £10 or £12.
Thursday, April 12, sees INK Theatre present 'INK on the Road: The Best of the 2018 Festival'.
Starting at 7.30pm, the evening will feature five short plays created by well known East Anglian writers Richard Curtis, Esther Freud, Blake Morrison, Steve Waters and Libby Purves. Tickets are priced at £8 or £10.
Rogues Shanty Chorus return to the Seagull with their new show, 'The Beach Village', on Friday, April 13 at 7.30pm, when they will present the story of the history and demise of Lowestoft's famous beach village.
Tickets cost £8 and, due to overwhelming demand, there will be an extra matinee performance at 2.30pm on Sunday, April 15.
On Saturday, April 14, Tigerlilys present 'Once Upon a Fairytale' at 2pm. With tickets priced at £6 for children and £4 for adults, the show will feature a host of popular princesses and fairytale favourites.
Visit the Seagull Theatre website or call the box office on 01502 589726 to book tickets or find out more information.