Art exhibition gives budding artists a chance to showcase work
- Credit: Archant
A village is set to host an exhibition that celebrates the area's best artistic talent.
In what is the event's third year, Somerleyton Village Art Sale and Exhibition will be held from 11am to 3pm at the village hall on Saturday, July 7.
With hundreds having attended last year's event, the exhibition is going from strength to strength and provides a welcome platform for local artists to showcase their work.
Money is being raised for the ongoing refurbishment project at the village hall, which has been neglected for a number of years.
Entry to the exhibiton is £1 for adults and children go free, while a commission of 10% is taken from the sale of each painting, with all funds going to the village hall project.
You may also want to watch:
Those in attendance will also be able to pay a visit to Somerleyton Primary School's fete, taking place from 12pm to 5pm and held in conjunction with the exhibition to attract more visitors to the village.
- 1 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 2 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 3 Missing pregnant woman found
- 4 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'