Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums holds open day to attract new members
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular marching band is aiming to drum up support after dwindling membership in recent years.
Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums will be staging an open day at Stella Peskett Millennium Hall in Southwold on Sunday, July 23.
Between 10am and 11.30am, members of the public of all ages are invited along to the practice day.
Southwold and Reydon Corps of Drums is a regular fixture at community events in the region, including Southwold's Remembrance Day, civic Sunday parades and the annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The Corps are currently down to just seven active members.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Southwold Town Council are expected to attend and offer support with the aim being to have new recruits trained for Southwold's Christmas lights night at the end of November.
For more information contact Corps secretary Graham Hillier on 07955 694500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call David Burrows on 07931 845138 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 4 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 5 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked