Special screenings and talks organised by Southwold and Lowestoft libraries
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A series of cinema and arts screenings will be showcased at two libraries.
Southwold and Lowestoft libraries have organised a series of screenings in the weeks ahead.
Southwold Library is hosting the following Kidz Film Fun screenings at Southwold Arts Centre:
? The popular animated movie Shrek is being shown this Saturday, November 25 at 10.30am. Tickets are only £3 and as well as watching the film, children can also enjoy Shrek-themed activities and snacks.
? The festive favourite Elf is being screened on Saturday, December 16 at 10.30am. Tickets are £3 and include Christmas-themed activities and snacks.
You may also want to watch:
Please contact Southwold Library for tickets on 01502 722519.
On Friday, December 1, at 6.30pm, Lowestoft Library is hosting a screening of Akenfield – the film which shows the interwoven story of three generations of a Suffolk farming family. Tickets are £5 and can be bought from the library in advance or on the door. You can contact the library on 01502 674660.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
All the above screenings use quality digital projection equipment funded by Arts Council England as part of the Suffolk Libraries Presents programme.
Southwold Library is also hosting performances by Librarian Theatre next month. Librarian Theatre bring quality and innovative theatre productions to libraries across the country. They will be performing their experimental new adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, 'Alice in the Cuckoo's Nest'. Their library tour is being partly funded by Arts Council England's Grants for the Arts scheme. Librarian Theatre will be performing at Southwold Arts Centre on Wednesday, December 13 at 7pm. Tickets can be bought online or from the library and cost £7.50 and or £3 for concessions.
Librarian Theatre are also performing at Aldeburgh, Framlingham, Woodbridge and Gainsborough Libraries during the same week.
Josephine Reynolds will be giving a talk at Southwold Library on Monday, December 11 at 11am. Josephine will be talking about her experiences of being Britain's first full-time female firefighter in 1980s Norfolk and signing copies of her book 'Fire Woman'.
Full details of all events can be found via www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/events-activities/upcoming/