Auditions to be held for youth theatre group’s next production
- Credit: Archant
A popular Lowestoft youth theatre company is searching for young people to be in their next full-scale musical production.
The B&B Young People's Theatre Group will be performing their production of The Sound Of Music at The Players Theatre at the Bethel in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft in April next year.
And ahead of that, a public information evening and auditions are being held next week as the group searches for young people, aged six to 24, who are interested in being part of the production.
The public information evening is being held at The Bethel on Monday, October 1 at 7.30pm – with anyone interested in getting involved encouraged to attend, to meet the team and find out more about the production and the characters as well as learning the audition dance.
Auditions for leading roles will take place at The Seagull Theatre on Friday, October 5 at 6pm to 9pm, with auditions for the Von Trapp children and company roles taking place on Saturday, October 6 from 9am to 7pm also at The Seagull.
You may also want to watch:
Slots for auditions can be arranged either in person at the information evening, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sound Of Music will be performed between April 16-21 next year, with the production directed and vocally arranged by Harriet Chambers, choreographed by Bethany Freeman and conducted by Frankie Ayres, with the support of a team of more than 30 volunteers.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
Harriet Chambers said: 'I can't wait to get rehearsals under way. Auditions are in the process of being booked and it's important to me to find the right mix of actors to portray these much-loved characters.
'I must admit it's going to be a hard task to cast the children to play the Von Trapps as we have so many talented youngsters keen to audition for these roles.'
The B&B group was set up eight years ago by a group of students from the then Benjamin Britten High School, with the aim of providing local young people with an accessible opportunity to perform in high-quality musical theatre productions. The group has since gone on to win multiple awards.
Tickets will go on sale later this year from www.playerstheatre.info and will be priced between £10 and £13.