Top musical act coming to Marina
ONE of the country's top classical music acts is heading to Lowestoft later this year.BLAKE will be appearing at The Marina Theatre, Lowestoft, at 7.
ONE of the country's top classical music acts is heading to Lowestoft later this year.
BLAKE will be appearing at The Marina Theatre, Lowestoft, at 7.30pm on Friday, October 15.
Blake's incredible journey started in 2007 when four friends reunited on Facebook and quickly took the music world by storm as they blurred the lines between pop and classical singing, creating a unique sound like none before.
Since that time they have released three award-winning albums, have travelled the globe, appeared on over 80 TV shows (including Alan Titchmarsh Show, GMTV, BBC Breakfast, Loose Women and Last Choir Standing), sung for royalty, performed at Wembley, Twickenham and Wimbledon and can count a host of legendary stars among their loyal fans. Their live shows continue to wow audiences all around the world, with a rich harmony sound that brings spectacular colour to much loved classical and pop anthems.
You may also want to watch:
As four friends who have known each other for more than 20 years, their on-stage humour and rat-pack mischief make every show unique.
This show features new songs from their latest album, Together, which shot straight into the Top 5 of the UK Classical Charts, was number one in Australia, number one in South Africa and was nominated for a second coveted Classical Brit Award for Album of the Year.
- 1 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 2 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 3 Missing pregnant woman found
- 4 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
After headlining the 2010 Classical Brit Awards at the Albert Hall earlier this year, the band released their third album in Japan, toured Australia and visited the United States, before returning to the UK for their autumn tour. Marina Theatre manager Martin Halliday said: 'We are pleased to confirm that Blake will be appearing at the Marina on October 15 as part of our new season.
'In recent years we have welcomed major classical artistes to the venue and I am sure Blake will prove just as popular.'
Tickets for Blake are on sale from today with full details of the Marina's Autumn Winter season to be announced in early September.
More details are available from the Marina Box Office on 01502 533200.