West End star Lee Mead to perform at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
He has appeared in some of the most popular West End musicals and has built a worldwide following due to his distinctive voice.
And now, singer and actor Lee Mead is set to entertain the crowds at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft, when he performs later this year.
Mr Mead, who also stars in BBC One programme Casualty, between his other commitments, will be bringing his brand new show 'Some Enchanted Evening' to the theatre on October 12 at 7.30pm.
He first shot to stardom after winning the BBC series Any Dream Will Do – gaining a six-month contract to play the role of Joseph in the 2007 West End revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Subsequently, Mr Mead has also appeared in West End shows including Wicked, Legally Blonde and The West End Men.
You may also want to watch:
More recently, he has pursued a music career, releasing three solo albums and undertaking concert tours in the UK and Japan.
The show is expected to prove popular with theatre-goers as they can take a journey back to the time when fabulous MGM films and musical theatre shows of the 1940s and 1950s thrilled audiences around the world.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 6 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 7 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 8 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 9 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 10 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
There will be the chance to enjoy songs like 'Some Enchanted Evening' from the 1958 film 'South Pacific', 'I'll See You in my Dreams' from the 1940s film 'Kitty Foyle' and the title song from the Gene Kelly film 'Singing in the Rain'.
Karen Thompson, marketing manager at the theatre said, 'We are really lucky that Lee has chosen to come here as he is only performing a handful of dates.
'It is a huge coup for both the theatre and the town, and he will perform songs from the Hollywood era with a full band.
'It will be lovely to have such a prestigious act here in Lowestoft, and that is the direction we are heading for as a theatre.'
Tickets are on sale from the box office, priced at £22.75, and can be obtained by calling: 01502 533200