Youth group perform a catchy showcase
YOUTH drama group the Lateral Artistes will be performing their final showcase later this month at the Seagull Theatre.
The group, which tries to highlight relevant social issues through drama, will be performing a show called Something Catchy, which is based on sexual health and the importance of raising awareness of sexually transmitted infections, on September 23 and 24.
Group leader Kacey Baker said: 'We have been a group for almost three years, but now we are looking to adults to help us. Out hard work is coming to an end as we are performing our final performance.
'Our previous shows have been based on teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, domestic violence and so on. We have focused on connecting with the community by highlighting social issues affecting people all around us.'
As well as the performance, there will be display boards and leaflets during the interval and after the show, giving advice and information. Members of the group will also be singing during the interval.
You may also want to watch:
l Something Catchy is at the Seagull Theatre on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 at 7.30pm, tickets cost �3 and are available from the box office on 01502 589726.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 3 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 4 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 5 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 6 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 7 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 8 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 9 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 10 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike