10 things to do in Waveney this bank holiday weekend
PUBLISHED: 12:29 04 May 2018 | UPDATED: 12:41 04 May 2018
Archant Norfolk © 2016
There is plenty on offer for families across the bank holiday weekend in Waveney. Here are 10 things happening to get you out and about.
1. The Rose May Fete at Ringsfield, near Beccles, includes a dog show, arena displays, live music and stalls at the village hall from 10am to 4pm on Monday May 7. Entry £1, accompanied children free.
2. A classic vehicle rally and country fayre is being held at Earsham Hall on Sunday May 6 by Bungay Lions. The family day out will also include craft stalls, food, children’s entertainment and pony rides. Adults £5, under 16s free
3. Waveney Mayday Festival, organised by Waveney TUC, will be held at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield. Doors open at 1.30pm and events will include poetry, history, and music.
4. Rumburgh Village Hall fete on Monday, May 7, will include a tombola, cake stall, raffle, and face painting for fun for all ages. 11am to 5pm.
5. Open Day at Goose Green Nursery which is raising money for Beccles May Centre and Broads Appeal. Refreshments and cake stall included.
6. North Cove Flower Festival at North Cove Church will be available for all to take in throughout the weekend.
7. Beccles Antiques Market on Sunday from 8am to 4pm.
8. Bank Holiday Monday will see the return of the traditional sport of dwile flonking at Geldeston locks from 12.30pm.
9. Rossini and Beethoven will be the music to Lowestoft residents’ ears when the Waveney Sinfonia perform on Saturday. Continuing the celebrations of their 40th season, the orchestra’s concert is at St Margaret’s Church, Lowestoft.
10. A wonderful Gambian themed evening planned with the Dumisani Drumming Group including an African quiz, Gambian food and drink served, with all proceeds to go to the Kubuneh Nursery School in The Gambia. Saturday, May 5 at 7pm in the pin
Emmanuel Church Hall Rooms, Bungay.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.