Vandals throw ice cream sign and furniture into pond at Lowestoft park
- Credit: Ken Chambu
Extra police patrols are set to be carried out around a popular park after garden furniture was damaged and thrown into an ornamental pond.
It comes after locals slammed the "pointless destruction" and called for the area to be locked at night after damage was caused in Sparrow's Nest Park in Lowestoft between 5pm on Friday, July 2 and 7am on Saturday, July 3.
A police spokesman said: "Unknown suspect/s damaged a number of items outside Martello's café bar and restaurant in Whapload Road, Lowestoft.
"A large umbrella had been snapped and was thrown into the nearby ornamental pond, along with several other items.
"An ice cream sign, a bin, several chairs, a table and a plant pot had also been thrown into the water.
"Officers will be carrying out further patrols in the area."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact PC 1416 Pallett at Lowestoft Police Station on 101, quoting crime number 37/35755/21.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 3 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 4 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out