Vandals throw ice cream sign and furniture into pond at Lowestoft park
- Credit: Ken Chambu
Extra police patrols are set to be carried out around a popular park after garden furniture was damaged and thrown into an ornamental pond.
It comes after locals slammed the "pointless destruction" and called for the area to be locked at night after damage was caused in Sparrow's Nest Park in Lowestoft between 5pm on Friday, July 2 and 7am on Saturday, July 3.
A police spokesman said: "Unknown suspect/s damaged a number of items outside Martello's café bar and restaurant in Whapload Road, Lowestoft.
"A large umbrella had been snapped and was thrown into the nearby ornamental pond, along with several other items.
"An ice cream sign, a bin, several chairs, a table and a plant pot had also been thrown into the water.
"Officers will be carrying out further patrols in the area."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact PC 1416 Pallett at Lowestoft Police Station on 101, quoting crime number 37/35755/21.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New shop set to open in prominent town centre store
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary