Arrested man released under investigation after car crashed into home
- Credit: Jasper King
A man who was arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a car crashed into a house has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
The man was arrested on Saturday morning, November 6, after a crash which happened on Victoria Road in Lowestoft at 7am.
He was also arrested on suspicion of failing to stop at a crash and dangerous driving.
Victoria Road was closed by police following the crash and remained blocked for several hours.
Neighbours in the area have described how the area is a 'rat run' for speeding drivers and have called for measures to deter something like this from happening again.
One neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "We rushed out within seconds and it was utter devastation with things strewn everywhere.
"The car went right into the house, spun around, went across the road and smashed into the opposite wall."
- 1 Police release CCTV after Honda stolen from car park
- 2 Teenager arrested on suspicion of arson after Lowestoft fire
- 3 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 4 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 School 'honoured' after winning Active Primary School award
- 7 Woman taken to hospital with serious injuries after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Jimmy Carr to return to Lowestoft with brand new material
- 9 Glass bottles smashed and bandstand fencing damaged at popular park
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge